Skip to the content
- 2000 ~ Twelve-year-old Billy Gilman sings “One Voice” during festivities at the Dallas Cowboys-Minnesota Vikings football game. Gilman is joined by Jessica Simpson for the half-time show.
- 1998 ~ A businessman convicted of second-degree murder in the drowning of the ex-wife of Jackson 5 member Tito Jackson is sentenced to 15 years to life in prison. Donald Bohana, 61, listens as Jackson family members urge a lengthy prison sentence for the boyfriend convicted of killing Delores “DeeDee” Jackson.
- 1995 ~ Michael Jackson is crowned best male artist and Bjork best female artist at the 1995 MTV Europe Music Awards in Paris.
- 1992 ~ Country music singer Roy Acuff dies of heart failure at age 89. In 1991 President George Bush presented Acuff with a National Medal of Art and in 1962 he became the first living artist elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- 1979 ~ Marianne Faithfull is arrested at the Oslo, Norway, airport for possession of marijuana.
- 1976 ~ Jerry Lee Lewis is arrested outside of Elvis Presley’s Graceland mansion after waving a pistol and demanding to see “The King.”
- 1960 ~ No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: “Are You Lonesome Tonight,” Elvis Presley. The song is the King’s 14th chart topper.
- 1954 ~ Bruce Hornsby is born in Williamsburg, Va. His biggest hit is the No. 1 song “The Way It Is” in 1986.
- 1944 ~ No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: “You Always Hurt the One You Love,” Mills Brothers.