Skip to the content
- 1986 No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: “How Will I Know,” Whitney Houston. The song displaces “That’s What Friends Are For,” the No. 1 song by Houston’s cousin, Dionne Warwick.
- 1983 Pianist Eubie Blake dies at the age of 100.
- 1977 The Police record their first single, “Fall Out.”
- 1974 New York rock club the Bottom Line opens.
- 1968 Chynna Phillips of the group Wilson Phillips is born, the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of the Mamas & the Papas.
- 1962 No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: “Duke of Earl,” Gene Chandler. The song is the first million-selling record for Vee Jay Records.
- 1957 No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit: “Too Much,” Elvis Presley. The song is the first of four Presley songs to hit No. 1 in 1957, matching his 1956 record.